These are just to help keep the site neat.Failure to follow any of the following rules will result in a warning, ban, and in most serious cases, an IP ban.
1. No FlamingFlaming is considered anything that is said or done to insult another member. All members are to be treated fairly. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. If there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, please talk to a moderator. If you are caught flaming, then you will get an immediate warning, if flaming is directed toward a staff member you may be banned. Attempting to start "drama" will not be tolerated.
2. No DiscriminationThis is similar to flaming, but is not aimed at a particular person or social group, but towards an entire race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Discrimination is a serious offense and will lead you a warning, or possible banning. Again, think before you post.
3. No Illegal Discussions/DownloadsNo links to illegal downloads or copyrighted materials are permitted. This includes, movies, books, software,etc. Do not attempt to sell these products or post links to where this can be done. This will result in a ban.
4. No Alternate AccountsIP's are provided to us once you have posted. This will be checked to verify that you do not have multiple accounts. Attempting to do this will result in a ban. If there is a circumstance where you think your ip may show up for different accounts, contact us FIRST, so we are aware of the situation. This offense will result in an immediate ban. There will be NO WARNINGS.
5. No ImpersonationImpersonation means trying to be someone else. This isn't allowed on this forum and you will be banned without prior notice.
6. No PlagiarismDo not steal other people's works and post them on this forum as your own. If you find something cool, that you'd like to share, please provide a link to that site. If you are using information form another site, you must credit them in the post. Stealing information and calling it your own will not be tolerated.7. Posting LinksWe ask that before posting a link that you check with an admin or moderator. Reason being is so that we can check to make sure you are not sharing links that may contain a key logger or any type of virus, or posting a link that will ask for personal information or information regarding your LARP Adventures account. We want our members to be safe.
8. Asking to be staffPlease do not request to be added to the forum staff. If we'd like to bring you on board, we will contact YOU. Do not attempt to "self moderate" the forum. Trying to prove what a great mod you'd make by in fact acting like one will have the opposite effect. When the time for staff expansion arrives, members will be contacted via PM.
9. Our Content on your SiteIf we find you have copied anything from this forum onto your site without providing the proper credit/link, we will ask you to remove it. If you don't, we will ban your IP address from this forum and we will contact your host about this. Our members put a lot of effort into our original content. Please respect this. Feel free to tell others about things here, but DO NOT copy it and use it as your own.
10. SpamPlease keep Spam to a minimum. Spam consists of posts such as "ok" and "lol". To not be considered spam, your post must be longer than 5 characters. Please do not promote your website or your store. This also includes other sites that are not vendors or sponsors of LARP Adventures. If you'd like to do that, contact an Admin and we will see about allowing you to promote here. Flooding members PM boxes with spam is also not tolerated.
11. Silimlar Threads/Correct PostingBefore creating a new topic/thread, take a look around and see if a similar topic already exists. It only takes a moment, and you can use the search function, too. Please make all posts in the correct forum. This is common sense. If we find that you are constantly posting reply's in the wrong forum, you will receive a warning. Please keep things on topic when posting. Do NOT hijack someone's thread for your idea.
12. All Private Conversations are to be Kept PrivateAnyone posting conversations that were done via PM or IM will be warned. These conversations are private for a reason. This can also be considered "baiting" by posting a conversation with the goal of starting something.
13. Topics to AvoidReal life Politics, Religion and Drugs are off limits. These topics will be deleted immediately, and the author warned. Please abide by this. People tend to have strong feelings about these topics, and they often lead to flame wars. Do not post about any kind of illegal activities.
14. Content/PicturesNude pictures, pornography, or links to like material are NOT ALLOWED. There are plenty of places to go to find this stuff on the internet, this is not one of them. Please keep all pictures posted within these limits. Any graphic content or offensive material is NOT ALLOWED. Please use good judgment on this. If you post something that the staff feels is violating this rule, the post will be removed and you will be issued a warning.
15. Calling out/mistreatment of Staff MembersWill do nothing but get you in trouble. If you have an issue with a staff member, take it to PM, but keep it respectful. You may not always agree with a decision, and that is fine. The staff has a job to do, please let them do it. Remember, we are here to help you. The staff deserves your respect, and I expect them to be treated with it. Disrespecting a mod or admin will get you suspended, even banned. There is to be NO discussion on any action a mod or admin takes. Ever. Members are not allowed to post messages from banned or suspended members.
16. LanguageThis is not too much of a problem, talk how you want, but please do not overdo the swearing. If this gets out of hand, censors will be added to block out swear words.
As a member of this community, it is understood that you have read and agreed to these rules. Please remember that these are put in place to help keep LARP Adventures fun for you, the members. Yes, we're a bit laid back. But we do ask that everyone act cool, and that you take one second to think about something before you post it.